The Ultimate Paneer Bhurji Recipe: Unveiling Aromatic Delights
Paneer Bhurji is a popular North Indian dish made with crumbled paneer (Indian cottage cheese), sautéed with spices and vegetables. It’s a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or a light lunch. Let’s dive into creating this flavorful dish, The Ultimate Paneer Bhurji Recipe: Unveiling Aromatic Delights.
- 250 grams paneer (Indian cottage cheese), crumbled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Optional: 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- Optional: 1/2 cup green peas
- Crumble the paneer and set it aside.
- Finely chop the onion, green chilies, and tomato.
- If using bell pepper, chop it finely.
- Keep all the spices and other ingredients ready.
2. Sautéing the Aromatics
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
3. Adding Spices
- Add the green chilies and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a minute until the raw aroma disappears.
- Mix in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Cook for another minute.
4. Incorporating Vegetables
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and the oil starts to separate.
5. Adding Paneer and Seasoning
- Lower the heat and gently stir in the crumbled paneer.
- Season with salt and mix well to combine all the flavors.
- If using bell pepper and green peas, add them at this stage.
6. Cooking the Paneer Bhurji
- Cook the mixture for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the paneer to absorb the flavors and spices.
7. Garnish and Serve
- Turn off the heat and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti, naan, or even toasted bread. It also pairs well with rice.
Tips and Variations
- Variations: You can add finely chopped spinach or grated carrots for added nutrition and flavor.
- Serving Suggestion: Paneer Bhurji can be served as a stuffing in sandwiches or wraps for a tasty meal on-the-go.
- Adjust Spice Level: Modify the amount of green chilies and red chili powder according to your spice preference.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Paneer Bhurji!