Welcome to the world of extraordinary flavors and aromatic spices! Embark on a culinary journey as we present to you the epitome of Indian street food – the Ultimate Homemade Vegetable Samosas. Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with the perfect blend of crispiness, warmth, and a burst of spices that define the essence of Indian cuisine, The Ultimate Homemade Vegetable Samosas Recipe: A Taste of Perfection.
For the Dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Water for kneading
For the Filling:
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil for cooking
- Oil for deep frying
Step 1: Prepare the Dough
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and oil.
- Gradually add water and knead to form a firm, smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Make the Filling
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, and grated ginger. Sauté until the onions turn golden brown.
- Stir in mashed potatoes, boiled peas, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let the filling cool.
Step 3: Prepare the Samosas
- Divide the rested dough into equal-sized balls and roll each ball into a thin oval or circle.
- Cut the rolled dough in half to form two semi-circles.
- Fold each semi-circle to create a cone shape and seal the edges using a little water.
- Fill each cone with the prepared potato-pea mixture, leaving some space at the top.
- Fold and seal the top edge to encase the filling, forming a triangle shape.
Step 4: Deep Fry the Samosas
- Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet over medium heat for frying.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully slide the prepared samosas into the oil.
- Fry the samosas until they turn golden brown and crisp, turning them occasionally for even frying.
- Remove the fried samosas and drain excess oil on paper towels.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
- Serve hot samosas with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Enjoy these delicious homemade vegetable samosas as a snack or appetizer!
Enjoy making and savoring these homemade vegetable samosas! If you have any other recipe requests or need further assistance, feel free to ask.