Unleashing Aloo Tikki Magic: The Ultimate Crispy Potato Delight
Aloo Tikki is a popular Indian street food made with spiced mashed potatoes and various aromatic spices. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, Aloo Tikki is perfect for snacking. Let’s create this delightful dish together!, Unleashing Aloo Tikki Magic: The Ultimate Crispy Potato Delight.
- 4 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Oil for shallow frying
- Boil and Mash Potatoes:
- Begin by boiling the potatoes until they are tender. Once boiled, peel and mash the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the Mixture:
- To the mashed potatoes, add finely chopped onions, green chilies, grated ginger, mashed green peas, chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds, salt, red chili powder, and garam masala.
- Mix and Form Patties:
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to create a cohesive mixture. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round, flat patties.
- Heat the Pan:
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle and add a little oil for shallow frying. Allow the oil to heat over medium heat.
- Shallow Fry Aloo Tikki:
- Carefully place the Aloo Tikki on the hot pan and cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Add more oil if needed.
- Once cooked, remove the Aloo Tikki from the pan and drain excess oil on a paper towel. Serve hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or yogurt.
Tips and Variations:
- You can add boiled and mashed peas, corn, or grated paneer for variations in the Aloo Tikki mixture.
- Adjust the spice levels to your preference by adding more or fewer green chilies and red chili powder.
- For a healthier option, you can bake the Aloo Tikki in the oven instead of shallow frying.
- Customize the seasoning with your favorite spices to suit your taste.
Enjoy your homemade Aloo Tikki, a quintessential Indian street food!