Crafting Paneer Tikka with Love: An Ultimate Spice-Infused Delight!
- 250g paneer, cut into cubes
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Tikka:
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum), cut into rings
- Skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1. Preparing the Marinade:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine thick yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice, and vegetable oil. Mix well to form a smooth marinade.
2. Marinating the Paneer:
- Add paneer cubes to the marinade and gently coat each piece with the mixture. Ensure all sides of the paneer are well-coated. Allow it to marinate for at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator, preferably overnight for best results.
3. Preparing the Skewers:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F) or a grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated paneer cubes, onion rings, and bell pepper rings onto the soaked skewers, alternating between paneer and vegetables.
4. Grilling the Paneer Tikka:
- If using an oven, place the skewers on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush some oil on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the paneer is golden and slightly charred around the edges. Turn the skewers halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- If using a grill pan, brush the pan with oil and place the skewers. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until the paneer is cooked and has a nice char.
- Remove the paneer tikka from the skewers and serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with green chutney and lemon wedges for an authentic Indian taste.
Enjoy this delightful and flavorful Paneer Tikka as an appetizer or a main course dish!
Feel free to adjust the spice levels and marination time according to your preference. Enjoy cooking and savoring this delicious Paneer Tikka!