Luscious Lemon Bars: The Ultimate Citrus Extravaganza for Sweet-and-Tart Aficionados
Lemon bars are a delightful combination of tartness and sweetness, making them a perfect treat for citrus lovers. This recipe will guide you through creating these zesty lemon bars step by step, ensuring a burst of refreshing flavor in every bite, Luscious Lemon Bars: The Ultimate Citrus Extravaganza for Sweet-and-Tart Aficionados.
For the Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the Lemon Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 9×9-inch baking pan
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Parchment paper
Step 1: Preparing the Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, powdered sugar, flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the 9×9-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper, creating an even layer.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
Step 2: Making the Lemon Filling:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and flour.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour the lemon filling over the baked crust.
Step 3: Baking the Lemon Bars:
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the lemon filling is set and slightly firm to the touch.
- Allow the lemon bars to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Step 4: Cutting and Serving:
- Once cooled, lift the lemon bars using the parchment paper and transfer them to a cutting board.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar and cut into squares or bars.
- Serve the lemon bars and enjoy the tangy, sweet goodness!
- Store any leftover lemon bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.